My Blog List

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fengshui Master

5 Apr 2014 Sat
Oh yes, we believe in Fengshui audit. My family has moved house 4 times, with this being our 5th house. We really see and feel the difference in a fengshui-ed and not fengshui-ed house. The first 3 houses were not fengshui-ed and funny things went on. I'm glad that they decided to see fengshui for the 4th and 5th house and we are now having smoother paths and happier times together.

Chen Jun Rong did our 4th house. (the 5th one was done by my friend's brother). All of us loved the house that he audited very much and stayed there for about 11 years. He is a very popular fengshui master and is considered a 'premium' in the fengshui industry. Others usually charge $600-$800 for a 5-room flat but he charges $3000+! Because of the cost, we didn't engage him for our BTO.

In search of a good FS master, I went to renotalk. There is a widely discussed master called Zhang Tian from http://www.fengshuiyinyang.com/. Most of the forumers recommend him for his reasonable price, the change they observe after FS, and that he does not ask you to buy things from him for better FS. However, they do say that some of the suggestions made by him would result in an awkward layout or additional cost to renovate the house. His favourite remedy is to ask people to tilt the main door to a certain angle, putting salt bowls at corners of the room, not use some of the toilets in the house, relocate the kitchen sink or stove and putting plants at some place. Encouraged by the good reviews online, I decided to contact him for a quote. You can search for 'Master Chang' at renotalk and you can see a thread about him all the way back to I think 2008.

He charges $683 for a 5-room FS audit. It includes a 2-3 hour FS audit, choosing of open door date, dong tu date and move in date. As what forumers say, he only replies to your email but never picks up your call. His style is a chop chop kind. During the 2-3 hour, he first started asking us if we had anything to ask him. After that, he took out his ba gua plate and started walking around the house. He told us that he needed 1 hour and we could go out for a walk if we want. We did and when we were back 30 min later, we saw him drawing on our floor plan. He is not like others who would go back to the office and produce a nicely typed report for you 2 weeks later. He just draws on the floorplan, write down the essential things and pass it to you at the end of the appointment. Things that he pointed out to us include the dining and living room arrangement, sink and stove arrangement, bedroom arrangement, study room arrangement, various rooms and living area colours to use, colours to avoid and aircon position. However, the thing about him is that he doesn't really explain why some things should be done the recommended way. His general answer is that 'it is good for you'. I guess it is because you cant really reveal these secrets.

At the end of the audit, we were quite headach-fied because there were a few things which he suggested which we did not really like:

1. Put 4 plants in front of our main door (it would be quite an obstruction as you need to detour to the main door. note that it is not placement along the corridor, it is in front of the main door.)

2. Install a light in between the metal gate and main door and on it 24 hour (we have not really seen anything like that before?!)

3. Build a partition wall at the main door so that the main door would not directly face the living room's window (oh man, we wanted our living room to be as spacious as possible)

4. Relocate the sink and stove to be 1.5-2 ft apart on the opposite side of the kitchen (we wanted only 1 row of cabinet, but this arrangement requires 2 rows of cabinet which is extra cost and reduced kitchen space)

5. Paint one wall in the master bedroom red (red?! our design was a neutral tone and it was more soothing that way)

6. Put 8 plants along the windows at the living room, if not at least 3 (so many plants? I'm not a plant person.)

So, we thought about it, discussed quite a bit, grumbled quite a bit before we went back to our ID again to change his design. He originally already did up a design for us and we loved it lots. But no, re-work was needed. After much consideration, we decided to go with most of Master Chang's recommendations. Our revised ID design is in the next post.

18 comments:

  1. Hi babe, chanced upon yr blog & find it v informative. Thanks for sharing. Would like to ask if u guys intend to have a praying place in yr new house, any advice frm fs master as to where to place it? Tia. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, nope we don't intent to have a praying place in our new house. But if you do, the FS master will definitely advise you on where to place it.

      Delete
  2. hi, saw ur blog after googling on feng shui master. do you have gd experiences with master chang so far? given that you mentioned his recommendations at times will result in awkward situations, we do not want to end up doing major reno after consultation since we moved into this hse 5yrs ago. hence, contemplating if should seek his consultation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zanice, I would say yes. He is accurate in his predictions - one of the things that he pointed out really happened. After the initial meet up with him, I emailed him several times (can say like 6 7 times) for further clarifications or new questions, and he continued to reply us patiently each time.

      Delete
  3. Hi Li Lin, can i check if the thing that he mentioned is it related to being from the other realms?

    i am currently looking around for fs mater too.

    ipaq8888@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Li Lin,

    Thank you so much for sharing your FS audit with Master Chang, it really help 1st timer like me to have more confidence when choosing his as our FSM. I'm just curious, how does he look like? If you don't mind can describe his appearance?

    FengShuiNewbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far how your fengshui review for Master Chang?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this blog....... I am truly searching for such types of blog as I am new in this Feng Shui practices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Li Lin,

    Its been a year+ since Master Chang's consultation, could you share what changes you have observed? Thinking of hiring him but he quoted $1300+ for a 4room HDB so would like to get your feedback.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grateful that things have been smooth for our family so far :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Li Lin, I was googling for fengshui master and happened to chance upon your blog. I'm considering between Master Chen Jun Rong and Master Chang for my 3 room fengshui house audit. Cost wise, Master Chang definitely is the obvious choice but the good thing about Master Chen Jun Rong is that he provides lifetime house audit. If cost is not a consideration, would you prefer Master Chen Jun Rong or Master Chang? I read from reviews that Master Chang may take some time to reply emails. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if price wasn't a consideration, I would go to Master Chen. Both are good in their skills and what they recommend for us, but in terms of the outlook, the reports that Master Chen churns out are computerized and better packaged than Master Chang who uses pen and paper.

      Delete
  10. Hi Li Lin
    Can you kindly provide Master Chang contact? I have recently bought a place and would like to audit the fengshui through a good master.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, you can email him at mrchang@fengshuiyinyang.com.

      Delete
  11. Hello Li Lin,
    Greetings! I came across your blog and saw your comments on this Master Chang Tian. I engaged him also for house audit purpose. Firstly, I must state that I'm very glad everything worked out for you, it's a great blessing! Here's my story: I engaged his house audit services a few years ago. I had purchased a smallish 4-room resale HDB flat and it was rather run down before I completely overhauled the renovation. I had given him the usual personal particulars required for this purpose (DOB, hour of birth, etc) and I must say that it was quite an experience. Suffice to say that he completely misread my personal profile and assumed I was a single mother saddled with a child (there was a toddler who was a neighbour's son and he happened to be playing along my corridor while the audit was going on). He then went on to tell me negative matters about the state of my health, my finances, my prospects and my choice of residence before giving me some perfunctory fengshui cures. And then he said, "Do you want health or success? If you want health, you won't have success. Either way, I will give you some recommendations so that you and your child can stay here peacefully." Yes, my eyes were rolling heavenward by now. I told him this, "Don't you think health is most important? Without health, how can one enjoy success?!" And then I delivered the punchline, "By the way, I'm sure you have my Bazi and you're a very professional fengshui practitioner, surely you can tell from my Bazi that I'm single and without progeny, how then did you conclude that this little boy is my son?" I thanked him for his services and saw him off at the lift landing, and this was his parting words as he looked rather sheepish by now,"Miss, I think this is a very good location...very convenient to stay here."
    I've been staying at my place for some time now...and peacefully so. Just want to share my story with all of you -- do be careful when you choose practitioners to do your fengshui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I Guess everyone will have different experiences. It has worked well for us so far:)

      Delete