Uh huh. Latest count is week 25.
It is not that the reno took so long, but we waited for 8 weeks before shipment of our vinyl flooring came. Our ID helped to replace all the vinyl flooring last week. I would say that the replacement was quite flawless, you cant see the joints between the old and new flooring. It is as good as new. It is nothing disturbing other than we had to wait and wait.
We were supposed to pay him the final installment of $7,888 and close off this contract today. But guess what. As I was mopping the floor, i noticed that there were lots of holes on the skirting. Hello, holes, seriously?
They are all over the house. I pasted masking tape on all the skirtings which had holes. I made 86 markings. This is slipshod work really.
He said that the workers did not do touch up work. Meaning that they have nailed the skirting, but they forgot to touch up the holes where the nails were. Isn't this like some sort of an SOP, where you MUST touch up after you nailed the skirtings?
Many people told me that I shouldnt be paying them the final $7,888 that are due to them. What would you do if it was you? He wanted to do a video interviewing with us on our house. But dragging the reno to 25 weeks, i would definitely close off this option. No interviews, let alone a testimonial. My integrity doesnt allow me to do it.

No comments:
Post a Comment