My Blog List

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I'm 7 months pregnant!

Yes, I'm preggy with the 2nd one.. and it's also a boy! Time flies, have been wanting to blog about this but I simply have no time! Having a second one is soooo different from having the first one. You are generally more chill and would generally have no time to think about the second one cos you are busying take care of the first! I still remb reading up so much, checking the development of Keath week by week when he is in my tummy, being paranoid about my weight gain and his weight gain week by week, taking photos of my pregnant tummy week by week, taking videos of the movements he makes while in my tummy, going for pre-natal classes, going for a billion baby fairs, reading up every post in mummy facebook groups, researching through many websites for geomancer for his name and photoshoot vendors, going for hospital tours, anticipating every gynae visit and thinking that the next one is damn long etc. But now, oops, nothing near! He will develop by himself in my tummy and I will know how to handle him when he is out.

While I am anxious about how I am going to take care of him AND Keath when he is out, I don't really have time to be worried also. There's nothing I can do until he is out and I see how Keath reacts to his little brother. Then we will see how it goes. We haven even settled how the childcare arrangements would be with the second one as it really depends on how Keath settles down. Well well, isn't it lucky to be the first born? You are still the priority when the second one comes along :) So now, I have been telling him about didi and asking him to sayang my tummy. He does, but I'm just not sure how he will be able to reconcile the fact when didi is out and he cant be so sticky to me. I'm not sure whether is it because i'm pregnant that he now super bullies me, but he has always been very sticky to me. But I find comfort in him seeking solace with me all the time (not sure how I would be when the second one is also liddat next time). So it's like a love-hate relationship right. You want your boys to be close to you, but you are scared that you cannot manage if both don't want to be settled down by somebody else. But well, I will think of the positive side. I don't mind them sticking to me like koala bears cos they will grow up very fast. Until that time, I will definitely miss their mummy mummy calls. So when others are like saying oh 2 boys, try another time for a girl, i'm like it's ok, I love boys as they are close to mummy. Having another boy is also economies of scale. We find that there aren't many things that we need to buy to prepare for the second one cos everything can reuse. Only things like diapers and wet wipes? Really don't have anything much.

I will be stopping at 2. I think 2 is an ideal number. There is also only one of me and Alvin and at most, we can only handle one. Also don't want to have a middle child syndrome if we have 3. Haha, Alvin on the other hand only wants 1, but cos I want 2, he was like ok. So nope, no number 3 since 2 is already a stretch for Alv.

Keath and didi will be 26 months apart. Is it a good gap? I don't know man, I see that while Keath is a little boy now, he is still babyish in his own ways. I'm not sure how needy he would be in the coming few months, but even if we planned for didi to be like 3 year old apart form Keath, he would still be as needy right. The jealousy part would still kick in regardless? When we talk to Keath about didi, sometimes you can see him accepting, but sometimes not. There would be huge adjustments that he needs to make and i'm sure it would be difficult for him. I think I would be fine in terms of caring for the newborn, but I don't know how I am going to manage 2 together. When I think of breastfeeding, I know it wouldn't be the same as previously already. How am I going to latch or pump milk in peace? I'm also scared of all the 3 hourly pumping and interrupted sleep whenever I think of breastfeeding. I don't know how long I would sustain this time round.. I did it for 13 months for Keath! But there are really benefits of breastfeeding. Keath was so healthy and round when he was younger. Good weight, well developed, doesn't fall sick that often. And save money!

I am also wondering how I am going to manage night feeds this time round. We are now just enjoying Keath's sleeping through the night and in 2 months' time, this will change again. And what happens if the small one cries, would Keath also cry and wake up and decide not to go back to sleep?? When Keath wakes up, he only wants me. The 4 of us should be sleeping in the same room as we couldn't bear putting Keath in his own room. He is generally a timid boy and I don't want him to be scared in his own room. Then how?? So the answer to everything now is, we'll see. I hope that time will pass more slowly and didi comes out later cos it will be a life changer for all of us. But... im already in my third trimester and there's only 2 months more.

Didi is growing healthily. Passed all the tests, is kicking me everyday and nothing seems amissed. I had worse morning sickness this time round in the first trimester but everything else is fine. But I have a feeling that didi will be the naughtier one cos the second one is generally more naughty right! hahaha. we went back to the same gynae Dr Ben Choey, same hospital TMC and everything else is also same same. Dr Ben is still as gentle and attentive but the only thing is that his clinic is now in AMK. Even though we have to travel distance to go to his clinic, it's ok since this is going to be a once in a lifetime thing already. Better to go to someone whom you trust right.

I am thankful for the little life growing in me right now. It has been rather easy for us to hit jackpot everytime and I am really thankful. Have to tell myself to be more attentive to the little kicks that I feel right now as this will not happen again next time. Also the fact that I wont have peace in the next 5 years from now, so I'm now trying to sleep as much as I can and enjoying the alone time that I have with Keath. He is such a lovely boy, definitely deserves my full attention. Then I have to figure out how do I double my love to 200% rather than split to 50% each. I will do it :) Hugs and kisses to my 2 boys and grow up healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment