My Blog List

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Album finally arrived

OK, our album FINALLY arrived!


It has been 6 months since we finished our photoshoot in Taiwan. So, it's time to say whether we would recommend Fashion Bride to the others? The verdict is, it's a straight no. Why?

OK well, they have their plus points, like being friendly - but it's just a trait of taiwanese, you can also find this in other taiwan bridal studio. They are good with praises - it makes you feel good but after a while, you will start to think whether those comments are real. They are good with hairstyles and making you look good - but which bride doesnt look good? They are really efficient in that they can allow you to choose your gown in one day, take photograph the next day, and see the photograph on the third day - but actually other taiwan bridal studio can too. Actually I think Spore's BS can also do it, just that they are unwilling.

I didnt like the part where they cheated me of buying more ampoules than I need. Usually, you only need 1 ampoule ($25) for the bride. But they went on and on to get me to buy 8 ampoules for me and 4 for him ($300). I usually am able to kill off all these sales tactics, but when it comes to being afraid that they will screw up my makeup, I gave in after trying for a while. I dont like to lose to sales people.

I didnt like the part where I couldnt see, touch and choose the gowns myself at the bridal studio. They keep all their gowns in a secret wardrobe and bring them out one for one myself. I am a person who want to see to believe.

I didnt like the part where the assistant told me that the gown with the long tail which I tried is the only wedding gown with long tail that they have in the studio. Hello, how could it be. I asked the manager about it and she told me that they have plenty inside. Not very professional right.

I didnt like the part where the makeup artist cut me on the shoulders with the ampule bottles. Luckily there was no scar.

I didnt like the part where the photos taken from my favourite spot of the photoshoot venue was so faded in colour. I was so so disappointed. It was precisely because of those spots that I wanted to have my photoshoot taken there.

I didnt like the part where I had to tell them 7 times what to photoshop and what colour edits it should be for the photos; and tell them 6 times how to do photo layout! This was really the worst part. Their layout is really cui to the max. They give you the most incredibly wrong and ugly layout that you can imagine and you really have to correct them to the very single point. The standard is really elimentary. I really think that I can do a better job than them even though I have no background in all these. I had to come up with powerpoint, position the photos and teach them how to improve on the layout 6 times. It was really tough! And you could imagine, the frustration lasted for 6 months before we finally received the album. We were lucky that we decided to do the photoshoot in Apr.

I didnt like the part where the delivery of the album to my house was delayed for 1 week. Only after I checked on the status twice did they send the album to us.

What we felt when we received the album: we want to do another photoshoot. Hmm, we dont really like our photos. I could spot imperfections here and there and I am not happy with the end product. Sadded! You all look flip the album and let me know how is it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Li Lin, I was searching for wedding albums done by fasionbride and I found your blog. I took mine in 2013 too and i have yet to finalize my album with them till today. I had the exact same scam. Redundant ampoules (whats the make up artist and phtograph editor for?) + additional charge to groom's suit for better design (even though they gave us VIP suite) + taxi charge for the whole day when all he did was sent us to one place and back to the BS!

    The gowns were so limited even though they gave me the VIP suite. I didn't like any of it but still had to choose smth of out it. Next, the album makes me depress. So much so that I don't feel like doing anything about it. As i browse through each photo and the collated album, it is so disappointing. There is not much photography skills to it. It is as good as having my own tripod and a controller to self shoot. Don't even talk about the editing. Online has free software which helps you arrange your photos into a wedding album. This is so much more artistic than theirs.

    Worse still, we bought 120photos. Can you imagine them squeezing 5 photos to be printed onto one page when we paid for each picture to be printed instead of each page? It is a total scam which frustrates me so much. They refused to give me another big album. I had negotiated with them to exchange all the free gifts for small albums in order to get each picture printed. I'm not sure if this move is stupid. My friend's package with another BS had 4 small albums + additional 1 large album for free when they bought 120pics too. It is a series of disappointment and frustration all the way through the process. I get disheartened whenever I browse through it. I have never looked forward to the album. It doesn't spur me to enjoy even a single bit. I paid at least 6k. Do you mine sharing with me your album and the package if you still have it? We are at the last stage of process before printing. I am still hoping for some remedy. (email: luv_slackerz@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, yea we didnt like our picture layout. But it's true that after the wedding, we just chuck the album one side. Didnt flip it again. What do you mean by sharing my album? You want to take a look at our hardcopy album?

      Delete