I have reached my 1 year mark of breastfeeding him, and I feel proud of myself! When people comment on how cute/ healthy/ chubby/ handsome/ smart he is, I think to myself, - yea he grew up on mummy's milk. Now that he has reached 1 year old, I will gradually stop breastfeeding already. It's actually quite upsetting for me though I tradeoff for more time to do other things/ sleep. People shouldn't comment on when mothers should stop breastfeeding because you never know how she would feel. Although they may mean well, they may not know that the mothers may feel a sense of loss when you keep asking them to stop. It is their choice, isn't it.
Let's talk about Keath! This month, Keath suddenly seems to understand a lot of things and likes to imitate us! So for example:
- When we ask him to drink water, he will look for his bottle and take a sip.
- When we say wear shoes, he will go look for his shoes.
- When we say xi shou, he will stretch out his arms for us to carry him to the sink. (ya I know, but speaking 2 languages is Singaporean right). Then he will start to fling his hands to dry.
- When I say mama put teething gel for keath, he will open his mouth.
- When I say neh neh, he will either go hysterical (very tired liao) or smile at me and start bouncing his body.
- When we ask where is rabbit/ barney, he will look for the stuff toys and hug them.
- When we say gai gai, he will look at the door.
- When we say carry carry, he will stretch out his arms.
- He knows which are the fan and tv remote control and will point the correct controller to the correct appliance.
- He knows it when we change clothes for him as he will raise up his arm one by one when we are about to put them through the sleeves.
- He no longer just throws things out from a bag/ box. He now keeps things inside.
- He no longer throws his ring pyramid. He stakes rings onto the pyramid.
- When he wants another mouth of food/ we feed too slowly, he will grab our arm.
- He points to the direction he wants to go to.
- He knows where the keys are kept and will take the keys to try and open the lock.
- He knows what the handphone is for and will put it at his ear
- He will brush his ears when he sees daddy brush his hair (haha!)
It's a joy seeing him surprise us with new things day by day. More surprises to come!
Keath has 7 teeth now. He's 11.3kg (97%), 78cm (90%).
Bought him his first pair of shoes! Must savour the time when he still has lines on his thighs.
Must savour the time he is still clingy!
The (fake) studious look.
The scientist
Cruise with Keath!
Happy birthday Keath!
Hi.. I googled for Dr Ben Choey and chanced upon your diary..
ReplyDeleteWould you mind to share his delivery fee as of when you delivery your baby?
Thank you so much!
Stephanie