We were walking around at Clementi central today and went in to The Chinese Wedding shop. We actually didn't plan to buy anything one, but in the end, darling spent $198 on the Guo Da Li package (pay first, collect later). Come to think of it now, we are not sure whether this is expensive or worth the price. We are totally clueless when it comes to all these traditional stuff. So when the lady explained to us what we should do, what we should buy, it all makes sense that we should buy all those things from her in one package since it also comes with an instruction guide. But after we stepped out of the shop and looked at the individual items in the package, they all looked cheap to us. Hahaha, so darling's rationale is that we are saving time and energy = money as we don't have to run around buying all the different things. Everything is also packaged up nicely and it looks good and complete for him to bring to my house. He doesn't like trouble, so this is good.
Luckily I have not bought the Jia Zhuang package (also $198) yet. Since I have taken a picture of what it should consist of, I have decided that I will source for them one by one. $198 is too expensive, I'm sure I can get the below for less than $100.
Besides all the Guo Da Li and Jia Zhuang items, we also have to source for a red umbrella, red fan, pyjamas, bedroom slippers, door stickers, angbao packets and door sash. Taobao, here I come.
Wedding is a very important moment in life. Nice for shearing information about Guo Da Li.
ReplyDelete