My Blog List

Monday, September 24, 2012

Wedding Bands

Wedding bands, checked!! We have already bought our wedding bands! Haha why so early right. Well, we want to wear our wedding band during the pre-wedding photoshoot in April. Take away 3 months to custom make the ring, it would be just about right to buy our bands in Dec right. But because after shopping at all mass market jewellery stores, we only had eyes for one particular pair from Love & Co! We also went Tiffany & Co and the likes, but they are too expensive and we still preferred that pair from Love & Co.

As darling also bought the proposal ring from Love & Co, they have a special promotion for customer's second purchase within 6 months from the first purchase, at 10% discount! We checked the receipt for the proposal ring - he collected it on 31 Mar 12. (he hor really hor, mar already bought the ring but kept for 4 months then gave it to me, tsk tsk.) So anyway, we had to purchase our wedding band before 30 Sep 12 to enjoy the discount. Since we already confirmed that Singapore doesn't have any other rings that are to our liking, might as well quickly seal this deal. So tadah, we finally bought our wedding band at Ion~!


Mine isn't rose gold btw, I ordered the white gold one. But didn't take picture of it cos the Ion outlet didn't have stock for the white gold one that day. I love the design of my ring which has 17 diamonds on it. It is also very sleek which fits my finger. He likes his design very much also, cos it is made up of matt and gloss material. The all gloss band isn't compatible with his tann skin colour. All matt is too boring. Also this thickness is just right for him, most of the bands are either too thick or too thin which looks overpowering/ sissy on his finger. Actually our pair isn't from the same collection. I chose my design first (he goes by the as long as i am happy theory), before choosing his with a similar design. So we are really glad that we are able to find his ring which looks like it is from the same collection as mine. 


We were also entitled to a free box as we were the first 99 couples who bought a wedding band from them since this free gift promotion started. This will come in very handy when we display our rings during the solemnisation ceremony! 


He wore the ring on his last finger as they only have that size in the shop (his finger size is big lor, have to top up extra money to make his ring.) I'm going to wear my wedding band on the same finger as the solitaire. So I really love that this wedding band fits perfectly with my solitaire. All the others that I wore will have a gap between the 2 rings or are either too thick, too thin, too boring or too glaring to steal the solitaire's limelight. At least for this wedding band, if one day I don't want to wear the solitaire out, the wedding band's design will also look good to be worn alone. Another design that fits well with the solitaire is the eternity ring. But because everybody seems to be buying that design, I'm going to give it a miss. Our rings will be ready for collection during Christmas period and I will upload the pictures again then!

1 comment:

  1. I am very impress on your information ,Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips.
    Solitaire Engagement Rings

    ReplyDelete