We went to NATAS Fair last Sat to book a short trip in Dec. Just a very short 3D2N trip to Malacca + Port Dickson at $250 per pax. Haven been to both places, and just wanted to have a relaxing weekend with him outside of Singapore. Anyway, actually this trip is just a by the way thing. We were at NATAS mainly because da sao told us that there will usually be Taiwan Bridals who will set up their booths at the fair. Yes, we are interested in doing our pre-wedding photoshoot at Taiwan! As compared to Singapore, we want sceneries which are different. I seriously don't want a background of MBS =p. As to why Taiwan and not other countries, well I would just say that I don't see other countries who have booths here. Going overseas for a pre-wedding shoot is more expensive because you have to pay ala carte price for your actual day photoshoot and rental of gowns. But it's a once in a life thing, and we don't mind saving up for the big hole in our pockets.
Prior to going to NATAS, we have previously been dragged to listen to TW packages 2 years back at Iluma (cant remb the company name alr), and 2 weeks back at Clementi Mall (My Dream Wedding). So roughly, we already had an idea of the prices of TW photoshoots. The first encounter at Iluma was when we really thought that TW photos are pretty and had since decided to do it in Taiwan. But because we were not ready then, we didn't make a rash move to sign up any package with them. The second encounter at Clementi Mall was more to refresh ourselves on what the market price is, but I'm usually not one who will just sign up without doing homework. Clementi Mall's package is $1,980 for 20 photos, with additional photo priced at $80. I tried to research what bridal boutique will set up their booth, but the NATAS website didn't have this information. So, we decided to just go and see how.
There were 2 TW bridal booths, Ivy Bride and Fashion Bride. We first walked near Ivy Bride and wait to get approached by their sales team. But after looking at the photos, we didn't like it and decided to call it quits. So next, we got approached by Fashion Bride. We prefer their photos as they go to more scenic places. Colours are also more beautiful. But as compared to My Dream Wedding, they lose out in the photography and editting skills. The package was $2,888 for 30 photos, with additional photo priced at $60. I had actually wanted to walk away and do somemore comparisons at other booths before signing, but Carol and Erica lowered the price even more! They were prepared to sell the package to us at $2,500 for 40 photos, including 3 nights of accomodation at Taipei, and additional photo at $40. You say how to resist!
Haha, so in the end, we signed the package with them. Of course, as with any other TW boutiques, we have to pay our own air tickets, $170 for bringing make up artist out for photoshoot, $280 for freight charges of the album and the canvas portrait and $170 for whole day transport. That's already at least $4,000 just for the pre-wedding shoot. I must control myself and not buy additional photos! So yea, I'm now emailing local bridal boutiques to ask about the actual day package, and they range from $2000 - $4,000. Arggh, step by step, we walk towards being a pauper! But going by the once in a lifetime principle, I will be conscious to save more money! Oh ya you know hor, My Dream Wedding, La Belle and one other local boutique that we went to previously (cant remb name) told us that they want us to be their model. Honoured! But we didn't take those up as time wasn't ripe then. I don't mind being their model, cos it would mean better quality work. Heehee 沾沾自喜, we are model quality.
I read the forums and saw that people are generally satisfied with Fashion Bride's pre-sales and photography session. But they complained about the editting and after photography portion, as the sales kept pressing them to purchase more photos. It's ok, I think I can live with that as my skin is quite thick when dealing with sales people. Anyway, here are some of Fashion Bride's works that I really like. Looking forward to seeing our own photos next year!






Hi,
ReplyDeleteI'm interested in having pre-wedding/engagement photos done in either Taiwan or macau. Just found your post about pre-wedding photos in Taiwan with fashion bride and wondered if you knew of any good resources/listings for companies who provide this same service. How is your service so far with fashion bride? Would you recommend them?
Thanks,
Paul
Wow!! I really loved these awesome pictures. It reminded me of my sister’s wedding at one of New York wedding venues. We hired a famous photographer. He captured beautiful photographs and impressed everyone with his work. Going to have him for my big day also.
ReplyDelete